Network Box includes an optional web proxy that provides for secure management of web traffic, using standards-compliant proxy technology.
The proxy increases security and control by isolating web clients from the Internet. In addition, the following functionality is available:
- support for “transparent” and “specified” proxy modes
- Internet acceleration by caching of Internet content (to reduce bandwidth usage and increase speed)
- authentication of client access to the web
- logging and statistical traffic analysis
- access control lists to manage web traffic at the proxy level
- policy control of web access
- URL categorization and content filtering policy enforcement
- Policy control of IM and P2P traffic over HTTP and HTTPS (CONNECT)
- anti-virus scanning of HTTP traffic
- anti-virus scanning of ftp:// URLs embedded in the HTTP protocol (the HTTP-FTP bridge).
The Network Box web proxy provides an extremely flexible and highly configurable system for enforcing a defined web-traffic policy. The use of caching and anti-virus “tickling” technology saves Internet bandwidth and provides an enhanced browsing experience for the users. Full management reporting and configuration control is provided as part of the system.